Have you seen changes in your business Facebook results this year? Have you noticed reach or numbers going down? You are not alone. Read theses tips on how to put your company back on the growth curve.
1- Facebook is going to favour posts that provide a conversation between family and friends. It will be less about the frequency of posting and more about the quality of the content. Pages whose posts prompt conversations between friends will see less of an effect. With these changes, pages may see a decrease in:
- video watch time
- referral traffic decrease
Actions that Facebook will favour:
- Liking and sharing content
Rather than clicking, watching and viewing/hovering.
2- In terms of content, we suggest posting more live videos and sharing conversational content to spark a conversation between users (encouraging audiences to converse with friends)- These are posts that inspire back-and-forth discussion in the comments and posts that you might want to share and react to. A great way to earn engagements is to ask your audience questions and provide content that is useful to them.
- Video content will also be seen less.
- Stay away from using engagement bait, even if it might earn a lot of interactions it will be still be ranked lower in the news feed.
However, the impact of the changes will vary from Page to Page, driven by factors including the type of content they produce and how people interact with it. Pages making posts that people generally don't react to or comment on could see the biggest decreases in distribution.
3- We encourage businesses to start/ continue posting in Facebook groups, content in groups is already ranked on audience engagement, so there will be no differences there. People tend to be more engaged in groups, therefore your content will be ranked higher on the news feed.
4- Sponsored content will not be affected by these changes, it would be worth considering investing more money into this format.
What can you do:
- Share content that encourages a conversation, ask users questions, for example in the content write “Tag someone” …
- Invest more money in sponsoring content
- It is better to post less and more meaningful content.
- Post live videos
- Host a Q and A session
- Post content in Facebook groups, or create one a company Facebook group.
Please note: People will continue to see posts from a company page if they select this feature: “See first in News Feed preferences”. To make sure that they always see posts from their favourite Pages Ask/encourage users to select this option.